December 18, 2008

Ear Nose Throat Specialist

You’ve been suffering rather irritating ringing in the ears incidents in the last few months. You thought such a phenomenon was no big deal so you just took it for granted. But now, these incidents have really started to bother you. What do you do? The best thing you should do is visit an ear nose throat specialist, an ENT doctor.

What is an ENT doctor? He/She is a medical practitioner whose main area of specialization is in the diagnosis and treatment of ear, nose, throat, and head & neck disorders. A closer look at your condition may result to the diagnosis of tinnitus. Your ear nose throat specialist will explain that tinnitus is the “the perception of sound within the human ear in the absence of corresponding external sound.”

Tinnitus may be a sensation of ringing, buzzing, hissing, humming, or ticking sounds in one or both ears. As it turns out tinnitus cases can be symptoms of a more serious medical problem although on its own, tinnitus is not really a disease. Medical problems related to tinnitus include otologic problems and hearing loss as well as neurologic, metabolic and psychiatric disorders.An ENT doctor will be able to investigate the real cause of your tinnitus and prescribe the proper and appropriate treatment.

There are many available options for you. If your tinnitus is indeed a symptom of a more serious medical condition, a surgery may even be recommended. However, this only happens in rare cases. Many tinnitus remedies are now available to relieve the inconveniences brought about by tinnitus into your daily routines.

As the cliché goes, prevention is better than cure so a visit to an ear nose throat specialist is definitely a good move. Not only will you know the real cause of the ringing in your ears but also be able to address it with the prescribed treatments.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am searching about ENT over the Internet I found your blog can you refer me Best ENT Doctor in Lahore? Thanks