February 07, 2010

A BTE Hearing help - One Girl's Story.

Heres a question for you fellow baby boomers. But isnt todays common knowledge that 60 is the new 50 and 50 is the new 40 and the like. Some 40 years back one or two mates and I popped up with our own peculiar sport that mixed back-woods hiking and rock climbing with cross country skiing. And solely to make it more engaging, the handicap we instituted was that you couldnt remove your skis - not for going up or coming down or climbing up rocks. I think of myself as a girl with a hearing impairment, and this is my story.

in truth, when my folks initially began spotting that I couldnt hear when they called from another room and recommended that I may have a hearing impairment, I denied the idea outright.

I had always been fit and healthy, and I'm going to the gymnasium 3 times every week, rain or shine. Learn more on the subject of tinnitus relief. I was on my way out, but I bumped into a stylish woman of my very own age. She grinned and nodded, a knowing look in her eye when she saw the pamphlets in my hand. I was diagnosed last year and fitted with BTE hearing aids the other woman confided. BTE? I queried, attempting to recall any acronym I had heard before, wondering if I had misheard it. I never found out who she was, but thanks to her, the soundtrack of my life is so much more clear.

No comments: