Alternative Tinnitus Treatments
Conventional wisdom has it that there is no cure for tinnitus. However, there are therapies and alternative treatments for tinnitus that have been proven to provide relief from this irritating and frustrating disease, which is thought to affect 17 percent of adults.
The various alternative treatments for tinnitus are as follows:
1. Acupressure: A type of physiotherapy that indulges in massage and stimulation of precise points of the body.
2. Alexander Method (This is not really an alternative treatment for tinnitus): this is a technique in which the patient is given postural training of the neck. By this method the flow of blood to the ear is vastly improved.
3. Aromatherapy: The tinnitus relief comes about from the stress relieving properties of the aromatherapy.
4. Biofeedback: Biofeedback is a treatment technique where people are taught to improve their health by using communications from their own bodies.
5. Deep Breathing: The stress reduction that can be obtained using deep breathing methods have been found to ease tinnitus symptoms.
6. Chiropractic: is a treatment that relaxes the neck and improves blood supply to the ears that can be useful in some cases of tinnitis.
7. Diet, Vitamin and Nutritional Supplements: It is an acknowledged fact that when your immune system is in good shape your body will fight all manner of conditions including tinnitus. It is for this reason that your diet and nutrition should be closely monitored when seeking relief from tinnitus.
8. Lifestyle: tinnitus sufferers should execise regularly to help increase blood supply to to the head.This is excellent advice and has proven to be one of the most effective alternative treatments for tinnitus. As a result, tinnitus relief is often achieved.
The aerobic exercises that are recommended are biking, or some aerobic activityswimming, running, fast walking, . At first, one may experience that the tinnitus is getting worse but it will gradually lessen.
9. Massage: in many cases of tinnitus massage really has shown significant results. One is taught to hold the ears close to the head and use the thumbs and index fingers to massage the outer edges of both ears, including the earlobes.
10. Meditation: Meditation techniques help relax the body and mind and can have positive tinnitus relief effects.
11.Reflexology: it is mostly observed that people who are tired and have a stressful lifestyle may suffer from tinnitus. For them, the best therapy is to practice relaxation techniques.
12.Psychotherapy and Spiritual Therapy: Tinnitus is said to be relieved in many cases by sufferers who adopt such holistic approaches to treating the condition.
13. Homeopathic tinnitus treatments: At the present moment the only really effective remedy for tinnitus is in fact alternative treatments for tinnitus.
Of these, homeopathic tinnitus treatments are by far the most popular and successful of all alternative treatments for tinnitus.
For many diseases such as tinnitus, homeopathy is fast being acknowledgedaccepted as the only safe treatment that actually reduces tinnitus levels. If taken at the stated dosage homeopathic tinnitus treatments do not have any side effects and have a long and proven history of successfully relieving tinnitus.
It is not known why a successful conventional medicine for tinnitus has not yet been developed.